Posted by lae2 on October 10, 2017 at 17:25:47:
1. The superficial transverse perineus muscle is within the ischiorectal fossa.
2. Muscles attaching to the perineal body include the external anal sphincter, deep transverse perineus, superficial transverse perineus, ischiocavernosus and bulbospongiosus.
3. The puborectalis muscle circles the posterior wall of the anorectal junction within the pelvic cavity.
4. The sphincter urethra surrounds the membranous urethra and is innervated by nerves derived from the pelvic splanchnic nerves.
5. The inferior fascia of the pelvic diaphragm is also known as the perineal membrane.
6. The anterior superior recess of the ischiorectal fossa is bounded laterally by the gluteus maximus.
7. The corpora cavernosa of the clitoris meet at the body of the clitoris and then continue together at the angle of the clitoris.
8. The inferior rectal nerve branches from the pudendal nerve at the entrance to the pudendal canal.
9. The bulb of the vestibule and the bulb of the penis are compressed by the bulbospongiosus muscles.
10. The inferior fascia of the pelvic diaphragm provides superior and lateral borders to the anterior superior and posterior recesses of the ischiorectal fossa.
Post a Followup