Posted by CLP on October 02, 2017 at 09:01:55:
In Reply to: True/False Questions Abdominal Cavity Part II posted by lae2 on September 23, 2017 at 12:52:20:
1. The ligamentum teres hepatis is a remnant of the right umbilical vein.
a. False: Left umbilical vein
2. The left colic flexure is approximately 1 vertebral level lower than the right colic flexure.
a. False: 1 vertebral level higher (~T3)
3. All of the large intestine is intraperitoneal and parts of the small intestine are retroperitoneal.
a. False: Ascending and descending colon are secondary retroperitoneal while transverse and sigmoid are intraperitoneal
4. The phrenicocolic ligament provides a shelf for the spleen and a cap for the left paracolic gutter.
5. The appendix is suspended from the right colic flexure by the mesoappendix.
a. False: suspended from the cecum or ascending colon
6. The esophagus enters the abdomen at the level of the 10th thoracic vertebra.
7. Appendices epiploicae are characteristic of the jejunum but not the ileum.
a. False: along colon and not rectum
8. The four parts of the duodenum are; part I, part II, part III, and part IV.
a. True: Cap, descending, transverse, ascending
9. Part IV of the duodenum ascends one vertebral level lower than part III
a. False: ascends 1 vertebral level higher than part III
10. The descending duodenum provides the inferior border of the epiploic foramen.
a. True: Shared between 1st and 2nd part of duodenum
11. The caudate lobe of the liver provides the superior border of the epiploic foramen.
12. The epiploic foramen provides a communication between the left and right halves of the peritoneal cavity.
a. False: communication between greater and lesser sac
13. The rectosigmoid junction marks a site of transition from intraperitoneal to retroperitoneal along the alimentary canal.
14. The pylorus is immediately proximal to the descending duodenum.
a. False: immediately proximal to the cap of the duodenum
15. The hepatoduodenal ligament contains the common bile duct, proper hepatic artery, and portal vein.
16. The hepatogastric ligament contains the left and right gastric arteries.
a. False: contains left gastric artery
b. Right gastric is associated w/ hepatoduodenal video
17. The anterior wall of the stomach faces the pancreas.
a. False: the posterior aspect of the stomach and floor approach pancreas
18. The bare area of the liver (don't feed the bares) is defined by reflections of the coronary ligament.
19. The hepatorenal ligament, in part, forms a boundary of the hepatorenal recess.
20. The ligamentum venosum is a site of attachment for the hepatogastric ligament.
Post a Followup